Contact Me

Email Me


only search Christian Unschooling

Cool Products

The Plan: Unschooling Edition


Christian Unschooling, The Book!
My Book


Save Your Marriage

Daily Devotions from the heart of a stander. Marriage Restoration God's Way. Click Here.


Change Your Life Forever


I Support







Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 27, 2009

Tigers At Twilight

For our lesson on Tigers at Twilight we did some various crafts and games..and had a jungle themed snack. I don't always incorporate food, but I try to when I can!

1. Snake craft
We did a combo between Felt Snakes and Hanging Snakes Combining them didn't work too well..I'd choose one or the other next time!


2. Tiger Bookmarks

I printed these out and let them cut them out, color, add borders etc, while I was talking to them about Tiger Facts.

3. Snack!
Jungle Juice and Animal Crackers which they had to eat like an anteater...picking up with straws

Sucking up the Animal Crackers



The ingredients being added


The juice mixing up


4. Some more Tiger Facts

5. How The Tiger Got His Stripes
This is a script. Before class I printed out 4 or 5 copies, highlighted speaker 1 throughout, speaker 2 throughout, etc. They read this story aloud to the other children.


6. Why do they really have stripes?

Camouflage

7. Games!
Lion Lion Lion Tiger game. Instead of Duck Duck Goose....it's Lion Lion Tiger!

Hot Potato-Lion game- I turned my back on the group and gave them a stuffed lion (didn't have a tiger). They had to toss it back and forth amongst themselves and whoever was left holding it when I said LION! was out


Lion Lion Tiger Game



My previous posts on this subject are:

Forming a Co-op
Magic Tree House Index
Dinosaurs Part 1
Dinosaurs Part 2
Vikings
Ninjas
Pirates Part 1
Pirates Part 2
Knights Part 1
Knights Part 2
Ancient Rome & Pompeii Part 1
Ancient Rome & Pompeii Part 2
Ancient Greece & Olympics Part 1
Ancient Greece & Olympics Part 2
Day of the Dragon King; Ancient China
Ancient Egypt Part 1: Mummies
Ancient Egypt Part 2: Pyramids
Gorillas In The Morning





No comments:

Post a Comment