Contact Me

Email Me


only search Christian Unschooling

Cool Products

The Plan: Unschooling Edition


Christian Unschooling, The Book!
My Book


Save Your Marriage

Daily Devotions from the heart of a stander. Marriage Restoration God's Way. Click Here.


Change Your Life Forever


I Support







Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lions at Lunchtime

Lions at Lunchtime, a Magic Tree House Book, was set in Africa. For our book club we learned about lions, of course, and also various African things....


1.Who were the Masai

I used various websites to share information with the children
masai culture
africa
masai and i


2. Swahili words
I found a website (sorry didn't save it!) that has pictures of objects and their swahili names. I cut them out and gave each child a few to read. It was fun seeing which words we already know in the English Language (Simba, etc)

3. Honey Guides
I told the children how these birds were used...which brought us to honeycombs!

4. Honey Combs
I bought a jar of honey with the comb still in it, so the kids could see what it is. Then they got to try some








5. Crayon Batik Craft
I printed out various African Animals Coloring Sheets. I explained batiking and away they went.





6. Rumble in the Jungle
I read this to them, showcasing all the various animals in the Jungle

7. Lions facts


8. Color African Masks

They colored these while I read some Lion Facts

9. Sleeping Lions Game

10. Lion Cub Game




Extra:
Making Drums out of cups

My previous posts on this subject are:

Forming a Co-op
Magic Tree House Index
Dinosaurs Part 1
Dinosaurs Part 2
Vikings
Ninjas
Pirates Part 1
Pirates Part 2
Knights Part 1
Knights Part 2
Ancient Rome & Pompeii Part 1
Ancient Rome & Pompeii Part 2
Ancient Greece & Olympics Part 1
Ancient Greece & Olympics Part 2
Day of the Dragon King; Ancient China
Ancient Egypt Part 1: Mummies
Ancient Egypt Part 2: Pyramids
Gorillas In The Morning
Tigers At Twilight
Polar Bears Past Bedtime




No comments:

Post a Comment