Contact Me

Email Me


only search Christian Unschooling

Cool Products

The Plan: Unschooling Edition


Christian Unschooling, The Book!
My Book


Save Your Marriage

Daily Devotions from the heart of a stander. Marriage Restoration God's Way. Click Here.


Change Your Life Forever


I Support







Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Polar Bears Past Bedtime

Out of all the Magic Tree House Books and crafts, the below Northern Lights craft has to be one of the most beautiful...I wish I could someday see them myself!

1. First we talked about "What is the arctic circle?"
I use a globe and a print out of the Arctic Circle

2. Read some facts about the arctic from the research guide

3. Learned about the Aurora Burelais (Northern Lights)

4. Paint Northern Lights
I used this picture of the Northern Lights as my inspiration. We used black construction paper and painted broad sweeping strokes of beautiful colors of paint all across the paper. Then added some sugar to some water and brushed that over the paint. When it dried it glistened. This was my favorite because it was really pretty!

Painting the Aurora Burelais




5. Polar Bear book
I had these pre-printed. The kids colored them while I was talking about Polar Bears

6. Polar Bear Facts


7. Snowflake craft
If you hate glitter, this is not for you. I did not enjoy this craft!

Snowflakes





8. Snowman snack
Made out of marshmallows and pretzel sticks





My previous posts on this subject are:

Forming a Co-op
Magic Tree House Index
Dinosaurs Part 1
Dinosaurs Part 2
Vikings
Ninjas
Pirates Part 1
Pirates Part 2
Knights Part 1
Knights Part 2
Ancient Rome & Pompeii Part 1
Ancient Rome & Pompeii Part 2
Ancient Greece & Olympics Part 1
Ancient Greece & Olympics Part 2
Day of the Dragon King; Ancient China
Ancient Egypt Part 1: Mummies
Ancient Egypt Part 2: Pyramids
Gorillas In The Morning
Tigers At Twilight



No comments:

Post a Comment