Contact Me

Email Me


only search Christian Unschooling

Cool Products

The Plan: Unschooling Edition


Christian Unschooling, The Book!
My Book


Save Your Marriage

Daily Devotions from the heart of a stander. Marriage Restoration God's Way. Click Here.


Change Your Life Forever


I Support







Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 31, 2009

Sleepwalking

I don't think I've mentioned this here before...but I have a sleepwalker! Elias has walked in his sleep since he was a toddler. It would only happen every so often. But man, this past summer, it's almost every night!

I haven't really researched this topic, so if anyone knows any good resources, please feel free to share!

I have told his pediatrician this and made sure she wrote it down, just in case he ever did anything crazy later in life...drove a car etc etc.

It might be of interest to note, my younger brother also sleepwalks. He's been known to fill bathtubs, walk out the front door, ask my other brother where his wife is (when she was right there!) etc

This summer though, it's started to get freaky! We woke up one recent morning and found our back patio door wide open. My husband and I both checked that door before we went to bed and it was locked. We asked all the big kids and none of them had gone out. Nothing was missing....was it Elias? I don't know!

Now, every morning we come downstairs and ask each other, "Did you see him last night?" and wait to hear reports. Forrest says Elias often opens his door and stares at him. Last night Elias came in my room dragging his blanket behind him.

Here's a weird one: One night I was sitting in my rocking chair upstairs, Elias came in. He walked right up to me, got in my face like he was going to kiss me, stopped just short and whispered, "I said nothing." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH He's lucky I didn't scream. It was freaky, then funny, then freaky!

I guess I need to start looking into what is making it more frequent, and think of ways to protect him if indeed it was him that opened the back door. God forbid the kid try to swim or something while he's sleepwalking...ohhh now I'm scaring myself. I guess it is time to look at it a little more seriously. Up till now it's just been weird.

Love you, Elias...wouldn't change you for the world, you add spice and life to our world!


1 comment:

  1. There are some little alarms that you could put on the windows and doors (even his bedroom door). I think you can get them in the hardware department at Wal-Mart for under $10. You would at least know he was safe.

    ReplyDelete