Contact Me

Email Me


only search Christian Unschooling

Cool Products

The Plan: Unschooling Edition


Christian Unschooling, The Book!
My Book


Save Your Marriage

Daily Devotions from the heart of a stander. Marriage Restoration God's Way. Click Here.


Change Your Life Forever


I Support







Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Friday, July 9, 2010

Civil War Reenactment

Ohmygosh I can't believe I haven't posted this yet! This was the best time!  I think it was in November, which you'd think would be cold enough to wear these woolen coats, but NO, it wasn't!! 


This was a Civil War Re-enactment at the Old Mormon Fort. Our homeschool group was the military! The group was divided into North and South, and dressed accordingly. They were assigned positions. Then they drilled for an hour.  An hour!!  They were getting bored.  But I'll tell you, and hour wasn't enough.  I now see why they had to train and train and train! 


Here's Elias, my little guy being dwarfed by a coat.



Marching.....

Here's Brian (2nd from the left)

Attention!


Sebastian played through it all

yup, they made moms participate


Even me until (thankfully) my little guy needed me! (It was HOT!!!)

Elias carrying the flag


More marching


I don't know where all my pictures are of the finale....but they ended up going to war with water balloons! It was fabulous!  They had to advance, and the "shot" soldiers had to come out...it was so very cool! And it really showed why drilling was important  (we kinda were straggly and not very efficient!)

I am so looking forward to doing this field trip again! I'm aiming for January or February!


1 comment:

  1. That looks awesome! And you all look so cute in the uniforms!

    ReplyDelete