Contact Me

Email Me


only search Christian Unschooling

Cool Products

The Plan: Unschooling Edition


Christian Unschooling, The Book!
My Book


Save Your Marriage

Daily Devotions from the heart of a stander. Marriage Restoration God's Way. Click Here.


Change Your Life Forever


I Support







Powered By

Skin Design:
Free Blogger Skins

Powered by Blogger

Thursday, November 27, 2008

My Baby Said MAMA!

Since Sebastian was born I have been teaching him the sign language signs for Daddy and Mommy. In the last 6 months we've really beefed up doing some various signs, as he has a speech delay. He got "Daddy" right away. He'd also say something that started with a "D" and do the sign for Daddy, over and over and over and over.

For months now, he's been able to sign Daddy, and we know he does it with intent. He does it when someone says Daddy on TV, or if we call Daddy, or when Daddy walks in the room.  He does it very well. But no Mommy.

It's gotten to the point where I think he doesn't say Mommy out of being stubborn!!! I've waited patiently. I've watched Baby Einstein's Baby's First Signs with him more times than I can count. I've watched him sign and say Daddy at least 5 x a day!  Where's my "Mommy"?!?!?!

Finally, last night,  I did my normal routine of doing the sign myself, and saying Mommy. He moved his hand to his mouth and said MAMA.  Was it a fluke? Did he mean it?!  He did it again, with the perfect sign and MAMA!!!!!!  YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, noone was around.

This morning we wake up and my husband says to him, Say Mama.  Of course, he's laughing, because he doesn't think Sebastian will do it.  Lo and behold, hand comes to the chin and he says MAMA.

I am soooooooo happyyyyyyyyyy. I love this little munchkin sooooo much!  I've waited 2 years to hear MAMA. I couldn't be more excited!

Note: I did try to take a picture of him doing it, but he's at the stage where HE wants the camera and isn't letting me get good shots unless he doesn't know. It made for a pretty ugly fit! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment